Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Technical Workpackage Manager\Engineering Project Manager with experience of leading technical teams within a Mission Critical Systems\Services Integration environment. Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible overall engineering technical, cost, and schedule performance be executed by small to medium sized teams on an assigned threads of work on a large scale transformation programme. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided as required, the successful candidate should have proven experience on leading teams to deliver systems hosted on Cloud Based Virtual Environments.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer and Programme Manager, the Technical Workpackage Manager\Engineering Project Manager (EPM) will be accountable for overall engineering technical, cost, and schedule performance be executed by small to medium sized teams on an assigned threads of work on a large scale programme. The candidate will provide a single engineering interface with the programme offices/customers for all programmatic items, responsible for the identification and closure of technical issues.
The successful candidate will be experienced with common engineering practices and methodologies and will work with programme management to ensure organizational standard processes are tailored, approved and followed. The candidate will provide timely and accurate projections of engineering resource requirements (people, tools, processes, etc).
The candidate will be an experienced team leader, leading technical teams as needed to address specifically identified complex technical issues related to engineering products.
The candidate should be an effective leader, interfacing with the engineering manager, lead members of all engineering teams, programme management, sub-contractors, partners and customers.
- Responsible for overall Design of assigned engineering products
- Ensures establishment and tracking of key Technical Performance Measures
- Ensures assigned scope engineering requirements are verified
- Documents, tracks and maintains the requirements baseline
- Manages cost and schedule for assigned engineering scope
- Earned Value Management
- Risk and Opportunity management
- Troubleshoots complex engineering problems
- Recommends tools and methodologies as needed to support assigned scope of work
- Independent reviewer in support of all LM business as needed
- Estimates inputs for resource and schedule planning
- Leverages lessons learned and best practices
- Communication with and management of key suppliers and Customer stakeholders
- Understanding of modern Engineering methodologies and principles including MBSE
- Engineering background on wide breadth of programmes
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions, application design patterns to integrate onto infrastructures and onboarding activities
- Proven track record on software intensive programmes.
- Proven track record in technical team leadership
- Demonstrated EVM experience
- Demonstrated Risk and Opportunity Management experience
- Clear understanding of processes involved in Engineering activities.
- Strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills; the ability to react appropriately to feedback and construct an effective working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to provide quality support across the range of disciplines, and possessing a 'can-do' attitude.
- Work to create an environment of trust, diversity and ethical standards as laid down by the Company.
- Strong self-awareness, and a capacity to reflect on own practice and to learn from mistakes.
- Good analytical skills
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- Knowledge of the MEGA Enterprise Architecture framework or other modelling tool
- Experience interfacing with international customers
- Working knowledge of ITIL
What do we do for you?
- We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
- We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.