Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Reporting to the Division Finance & Business Operations Director this position is responsible for the leading the pricing of proposals for new business across the UK business.
This is a senior role that will be expected to coordinate interact with all areas of the business including Business Development, Capture Management and the Programme Management teams, including presentations to Executive management. The position will assume responsibility for a variety of estimating, pricing and customer deliverables. This is a fast-paced position requiring attention to detail, demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment, and a willingness to work extended hours as needed to finish the job and see a proposal through to completion.
Duties & Responsibilities
Develop cost and pricing strategies within the UK business as well as proposal pricing, identifying dependencies and interfaces to ensure proposal deadlines are achieved. Leads the timely development of proposal pricing and financial related deliverables in accordance with technical, management and cost specifications of a request for proposal (RFP). Includes the coordination of kick off and fact-finding meetings, collection of cost, scheduling and performance elements from functional departments, cost / pricing strategy and analytical support to programme / teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Performing cost/price analysis, developing pricing templates and Excel-based models to evaluate different strategies and “what-if” scenarios
- Conducting financial analyses to support compilation of business case assessments including cash flow, NPV and IRR
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) quality review and evaluations; working closely with BOE SME or lead analyst
- Interfacing with the proposal team (senior management, programme managers, contracts, finance, and other stakeholders)
- Identify proposal specific financial risks and opportunities
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analyses and other special projects
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet programme and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Strong background in general accounting, financial management
- Pricing, estimating and/or proposal experience
- Proficient Excel/modelling skills including use of formulas, pivot tables and Macros
- Demonstrated expert user-level proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly comprehend processes and tools
- Ability to develop and present cost proposal financial data for review by senior management
- Expert knowledge of proposal processes including generation of cost volume documents/deliverables
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment, while managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Effective interpersonal (written, verbal and presentation) skills
- Knowledge of facilitating solutions collaboratively with customers and suppliers
- Team player but can also work independently and proactively
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment.
- Experience of working on large bids
- Experience using PROPRICER pricing software
- Professional accounting/finance qualification
- Experience in supervising/managing team
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.