Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos requires a talented lead engineer to work at our customer’s site in Croydon for at least 4 days per week and be prepared to work flexibly to meet both customer and Leidos delivery priorities. There is also an out of hours on-call requirement as the systems under transition require 24/7/365 support.
Specific job description
Required to lead a team of three 3rd line engineers providing support to critical national infrastructure applications, and working in conjunction with the Leidos 2nd line support team for these applications.
- Lead the transition of applications from the third party application development teams into support by Leidos 2nd & 3rd line teams;
- Have strong stakeholder management and communication skills, and an ability to influence senior stakeholders in order to lead and achieve delivery of a comprehensive application management service;
- Possess a strong ability to innovate and improve the service support capability/tools/approach in order to move the support solution to a pro-active and automated, alert-based approach;
- Provide technical assurance for all change requests and be the escalation for out-of-hour emergency changes;
- Have experience creating and presenting application performance metrics to relevant interested parties;
- Plan workloads and tasks for engineers in your support team appropriately;
- Strong experience with the following technologies and support tools including:
o Linux OS
o ELK (mainly Kibana)
o DevOps Continuous Improvement principles
o Big Data (Hadoop)
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Recruitment of suitable engineers to build a strong application support team, identifying and providing suitable training paths to address gaps;
- Perform line management of an engineering team, including pastoral care and performance management activities;
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.