Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos Europe Ltd is seeking a MMVC Operator to work within the MMVC (Munitions Movements Visibility Cell) team within the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain.
The MMVC team are responsible for registering and tracking all authorized munition movements by road and rail which can move both day and night inclusive of weekends. You will assist and advise the consignor in articulating the security requirements available from the approved contractor and ensuring any risks are highlighted to senior management for articulation.
This team consists of 5 employees who work shifts to cover the working day and silent hours. You will be required to work shifts as part of your role which will include weekends. A full training package will be provided for the successful applicant.
As part of a recent restructure, the MMVC team have been merged with the Leidos Customer Service Desk who work together to deliver a high level support to customers on Operations both in the UK and worldwide and as part of that, the munitions movements across the UK and abroad.
Hours of work will be as follows (40 hours p/w) which will include covering days, lates and night shifts on a rotational basis. The current shift hours are 06:00-14:00/14:00-22:00/22:00-06:00.
Suitable candidates for this role will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and succinctly, in writing and verbally.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Prioritise workload in order to ensure that Operational needs are met.
- Establish themselves as a team player.
- Good IT skills.
- Previous experience of working within a call Centre environment would be preferred, however full training will be given.
- You must be eligible for a baseline Security Clearance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track all road and rail movements in accordance with the policy
- Ensure risks are highlighted to your Manager.
- Process all authorisation/waiver request forms to AH Log Svcs or a delegated representative and inform the consignor when authority is granted.
- Assist and advise the Consignor as required.
- Any other duties assigned by your Manager.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure statistics are maintained and kept up to date.
- Ensure all movements are tracked throughout.
- Keep your Manager updated on any key issues.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Service
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.