Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Test Architect to join our proposal teams to provide technical leadership into all UK Civil (Mission Support, National Security and Transport) bids and proposals. The Test Architect will be responsible for all test related responses to the bids and proposals, including project plans, estimates, outline test strategies, test automation strategies, and test tooling architecture as well as providing technical assurance during internal reviews that the proposals are deliverable. Applicants must have experience of Test Architecture or Management on various projects, including large scale Systems of Systems / Service Integration programmes (£500M+) and must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to select appropriate test tools, methods and strategies in response to the bids and proposals, applying a rigorous and repeatable process to develop the required test response material. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining a library of reusable material (documents, diagrams, templates, estimation models etc.) for use in subsequent proposals. To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who can quickly assimilate large, complex sets of requirements and solutions, provide innovative approaches to integration and testing and work as part of proposal teams to meet tight submission deadlines.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will have a broad set of experience including a good understanding of various test methodologies and approaches, from Waterfall to Agile, including DevOps and automation. Using their experience in Test Architecture and/or Management to deliver successful projects and programmes, the successful candidate will create innovative, efficient and effective responses to test related sections in bids and proposals.
Specific duties may include:
- Creating and presenting storyboards to outline the test response in the proposals
- Creating outline Test Strategies, including specification of all standards, methods, processes and tools to be used
- Creating project schedules for testing, including estimates and justification for those estimates (Basis of Estimates)
- Reaching out to the wider Leidos test community for input, examples and references
- Working with the wider Leidos test community to stay current with evolving Leidos processes, tools and methods
- Maintaining a library of example proposal documents, templates, project references, estimating models etc. for reuse in later proposals
- Significant experience (5 – 10 years) within large scale/systems of systems/portfolio systems integration programmes
- Significant experience (10-15 years) of test planning, management and execution, preferably in large scale, complex virtualised and cloud computing environments
- Success in technical project management leadership, including test management
- Extensive background and experience in system testing, including test automation
- Comprehensive understanding and demonstrable implementation experience of defining & execution of various test strategies and methodologies at the portfolio/systems integration level
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Able to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
- Can deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
- Demonstrates commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
- Significant experience across a number of broad technology disciplines, including domains such as digital transformation, mission critical, application consolidation, infrastructure design & migration (including Cloud & Data Centre), software development, service integration, and data analytics.
- Experience on bids and proposals, including writing clear and engaging copy
- Experience of transitioning from legacy systems to new capabilities
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices and best practices for the full development life cycle
- Knowledge of web services testing, performance testing, load testing (tools and good practices), resilience and DR testing (business continuity)
- Experience of delivering into a Service Management organisation
- Experience of using tools to support planning and tracking of timeboxed or agile approaches
- Ability to provide clear technical leadership whilst working collaboratively with a wider solution and bid team
- Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Strategic thinker, coupled with an output focused approach to getting the job done – particularly in a bid scenario.
- Quick learner with an in-depth understanding of the capability
- Strong knowledge of Service Management and its application to the delivery of successful services.
What do we do for you?
- We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
- We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.