Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Service Management Capability has been created to provide consistent & efficient Service Design, Service Architecture, Service Transition and Operational Service Delivery to Leidos customers.
The Service Delivery Management function provides a focal management interface into our customers and Portfolio Management teams for all services delivered by the Leidos Delivery operational units. Service Delivery Management coordinates continuous service improvement activities across all virtual delivery teams.
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) manages overall delivery commitments to the customer as the single point of end-to-end service delivery accountability within each account for meeting delivery targets, service excellence
Measured on the ability to deliver innovative and excellent services at the lowest possible cost and improve productivity, the SDM drives transformation of the client environment to deliver high value, cost effectively maximizing use of a standard Leidos product set and compliant with ITIL processes. The SDM orchestrates the multiple service management capabilities in an integrated operation.
The SDM is a direct client contact position responsible for delivery of all in-scope contracted services across all involved service delivery towers, ensuring that performance goals are met.
The SDM is the principal contact for all service operational and tactical issues for the client and Leidos delivery organizations. The SDM develops and nurtures an excellent client relationship at the executive level supporting the Portfolio Manager and supporting on contract growth opportunities.
- Manages overall delivery commitments to the customer
- Work in strong partnership with client senior stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Working as part of a multi-disciplined and multi-organisation team; able to use your own team, 3rd party contractors, and, the support of peer organisations, to get the best results for your customer
- Involvement in transitioning new services from Projects to Business as Usual (BAU) through formal Service Transition processes
- On-going requirement to maintain service documentation/procedures/work instructions and ensuring that customer reports are accurate and sent on time whilst managing customer expectations
- Develop and present monthly service reporting
- Work to the applicable industry best practice framework (ITIL)
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and service deliverables
- demonstrating knowledge of customers strategy, objectives and critical success factors
- Creation of an annual cost budget that covers the contracted scope of services
- Managing to a cost budget,
- Ensuring accurate labour tracking
- Tracking of 3rd Party Costs
- Experience of forecasting service costs on a monthly basis to ensure accurate financials
- Running a Risks & Opportunities tracker against the cost base to ensure achievement or improvement of budgeted cost base.
- Responsible for Profit and Loss(P&L) for the service elements of the customer contract
- Managing to agreed Revenue and Costs budget
- Responsible for forecasting the service P&L
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Significant experience managing the provision of complex IT services against SLAs, including customer liaison management at all levels
- Experience and knowledge of financial management and cost centre control
- Experience of developing SLAs and operational procedures in a commercial environment
- Experience of driving through service improvement activities
- Understanding of how technology, process, tools and people combine together to provide effective customer focused solutions
- Good strategic planning and organisational skills
- Experience of supporting new business development activities and creating value propositions around our service portfolio
- Must be able to work under pressure and to deadlines; with a flexible and pragmatic approach
- Evidence of in-depth understanding of formal Service Management frameworks ideally with Expert level certification.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills - Good team builder and leader
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting
- Experienced at interfacing/presenting to director level
- Client relationship management - Build effective relationships with client team
- Ability to build an environment of growth and innovation
- Ability to grasp complex technical information quickly, assimilate and explain to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of DevOps function and agile development methodologies - Hands on delivery experience to work with distributed teams in an agile environment
- Experience in reporting and analysing data to identify trends
- Experience of dealing and managing with 3rd Party Suppliers
- Providing input to the pre-sales process to facilitate submission of high-quality, achievable proposals
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.