We are looking for someone with experience in Bid Management who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to demanding deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
The Bid Director will have primary responsibility for bid governance and client response compliance. They will be responsible for the management of the opportunity from qualification through to contract award. They will:
- manage all aspects of the planning and execution of all bid activities, including, budget administration, resource estimation and development and execution of the bid management plan to deliver the overall proposal response
- work with the Capture Director to tailor and implements a suitable bid process to fit the opportunity, ensuring the solution refinement / freeze fits with the proposal development activities
- Develops and maintains the bid management plan and schedule, gaining buy-in / understanding from the bid team and key stakeholders / management team
- Take responsibility for managing the bid plan and timetable and ensuring the status is always clear, reporting on our progress and any required recovery plans.
- Responsible for ensuring quality content is being developed and produced from key contributors to the planned schedule.
- prepare and trains bid members, as required, in the bid process methods to ensure understanding and adherence to the process, practices and schedule
- work with the Capture Director to select reviewers and schedule / organise key bid reviews to assure proposal quality and compliance, together with consistency across all proposal artefacts
- manage the business approval process and any security and export processes / approvals and the final production and proposal delivery arrangements.
- ensure configuration control of key bid documentation and ensures effective communication of changes to stakeholders
- manage any resubmission or clarification activities through to contract award
Our ideal candidate must:
- have a proven capability in the bid management of winning, 25m + up to hundreds of million pound complex services opportunities from initial pre-qualification through to project delivery
- be comfortable working with senior stakeholders and be able to manage complex opportunities through an internal governance process
- A proven track record over at least 5 years working as a Bid Manager / Director in UK Public Sector is essential
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in the management of the Bid Management process
- Excellent organisation, management and communication skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline
- Strong people management, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Account Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.