Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
From our Bristol based office Leidos run the Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the MOD.
The LCST programme’s key mission is to provide Storage and Distribution to the military, worldwide, getting the support to the Forces when they need it, at lower costs and improved service levels.
We are looking for an experienced Subcontract Manager to work on the LCST Programme. As a part of the Commercial Department you be reporting into the Head of Subcontract and be based out of our Bristol office you’ll be responsible for managing the Subcontracts for the programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide commercial, contractual and technical interpretation on all subcontract terms and conditions and schedules
- Act as a primary focal point for contractual interactions with the subcontractors
- Experience of managing relationships with large subcontractors
- A strong understanding of the Commercial and Legal Aspects associated with contracting within the Defence industry or a similar market sector including the Public Contracts Regulations (PCR)
- Manage and administer subcontractor terms and conditions and supporting schedules
- Reviews and approves all contractual documents for protection of company's contractual position, satisfaction of government specifications and requirements, and adherence to company policy
- Ensure subcontractor terms comply with all prime contract terms and conditions and supporting schedules
- Preparation of subcontract change proposals and subcontract modifications
- Manage and negotiate any flow down of terms/contract amendments
- Control and administration of sub-leases with subcontractor
- Prepare contract change proposals with Contracts team where required
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Subcontractor Management teams
- Utilize expert development and control using subcontractor relationship management
- Be a hands-on team player, able to effectively collaborate across functional areas including logistics, IT, finance, legal, HR and trade compliance
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communications and problem resolution skills with a collaborative, win-win approach
- Take an active role in the performance of the subcontracts and proactively working to identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to mitigate the risks, resolve the issues and capitalize on the opportunities, and will be willing to cross functional lines to provide support to the programme leadership team when and where needed
- Comprehend programme performance metrics and financial status
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Operate independently and communicate effectively, both internally, with technical staff, peers, and management as well as externally, with customers, regulators and others
- Liaise with other Leidos operating units and corporate departments where applicable
- Keeps appraised of matters affecting contract requirements
- Hold or be able to hold SC clearance
- CIPS, BA or MA degree in a business or legal related discipline
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.