Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos’s proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner. In the UK Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and on-going development and support.
We are now looking for a Programme Planner to join our team.
- The Planner will be responsible for driving the Platform to build and maintain robust plans and document those plans appropriately
- The Planner will be responsible for the maintenance of the Platform IMS, including managing controlled change under direction of Platform Leadership and the Release Point Management team.
- The Planner will also run status reporting with the Platform Management Team (Work Package Leads) and provide Reports based on the IMS to support the Platform Reporting Rhythm and on demand.
- The Planner will provide data from the IMS bi-weekly and on demand to support the creation and maintenance of EV deliverables within Platform.
- The Planner will support Platform meetings as directed by the Platform Deputy Programme Manager and PMO Lead.
- Programme critical path and programme level dependencies tracking, trend analysis and providing recommendations for issue resolution/improvement
- Maintenance of the resources within the IMS, identifying conflicts and providing recommendation for issue resolution.
- Creation and maintenance of a resource pool that enables cross-project resource analysis.
- Defining the standards required for the quality of lower level plans to ensure they are realistic, provide confidence in the ability to deliver and data can easily be extracted for the maintenance of the IMS.
- Design and creation of reports, extracted from Project Online that aid the Programme team in making informed decisions
- Ensuring the IMS is communicated, understood and real to the Platform team.
- Proven track record in successfully delivering projects or task work packages.
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 3 years) in Project Scheduler or related role.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Microsoft Project Online
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. Oracle DB, MySQL)
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles.
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be highly advantageous
What do we do for you? :
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.