About the Role
The focus of the Defence Digital Transformation Portfolio is to provide innovative and transformative solutions and services to the defence sector. The portfolio is rapidly expanding and is seeking an experienced Programme Manager with a background in the delivery of complex defence programmes and new business captures. This will be a high profile role, setting and delivering on a strategy that is accountable to the executive leadership team. You will own proposal and delivery plans, strategy documents, manage customer relationships, and act as a senior member of capture teams. You will work closely with the Digital Transformation Portfolio lead to manage risk and align with division goals and objectives.
You will have the capability to lead the programmatic efforts of new business captures, working with technical and service teams to define delivery and resourcing models. You will have experience managing Project Managers and Coordinators to create compelling and compliant plans and schedules as part of mandated responses and business validation requirements. You will be comfortable leading risk and opportunity sessions, both at a programme and business level, to complete the required validation and business acceptance tasks. You will recognise how to exploit the strengths of the business position, and mitigate weaknesses, taking advantage of in house capabilities, strategies, and direction from the senior leadership team.
You will be comfortable overseeing the start-up, transition, and transformation of delivery programmes as the programme representative to the customer. You will have the skills to deliver collaborative engagement, stakeholder management, and work within internal and external teams to meet delivery goals. You will have the experience to work with service leads to understand delivery metrics and own the continual improvement activities across the programme. You will be comfortable preparing senior leadership briefings on running programmes and presenting the information at regular business meetings. You will take direction from the Digital Transformation Portfolio lead, but work with the Business development and Capture teams, Chief Technology Office, executive leadership, and other portfolios within defence to coordinate delivery.
You will be comfortable working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Your experience of the defence sector will further enhance your ability to work closely with the customer and bid teams.
You must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance, with the willingness and ability to apply for enhanced clearances as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record in successfully delivering large scale programmes
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 5 years) in Programme Management
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of business, finance, and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of programmes and proposals
- Experience setting programme strategy and planning for new business captures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives
- Ability to brief executive leadership teams
- Ability to engage and work within multi-functional programme teams comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations, and reports
- Knowledge of the Defence sector and the Skynet programme in particular
- Knowledge of ISO44001
- Experience of directing programmes to deliver to the ideals of project management, on Time, to Budget, at the required Quality.
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.