Based in our RAF Lakenheath client’s office, you will be responsible for the development of solutions and designs for complex civil systems related to facilities, infrastructure, and utility systems (e.g., airfield and roadway pavement systems, water/wastewater distribution systems, roofing, and facility structural calculations), as well as design and project development for works ranging in value from £100,000 to over £3 million. You will be a team player and able to support the delivery of multiple projects and provide technical mechanical engineering advice to the client’s project managers, planners, and tradesmen.
You will also be expected to leverage your knowledge and experience in a collaborative working environment comprised of both U.S. and UK professional from across a multitude of disciplines to manage projects and deliver to challenging timelines.
You will be required to assist in establishing the client's requirements, applying the UK design and construction standards to ensure project requirements adequately account for UK requirements. Your main focus will be defence sector projects, and you will be expected to interface daily with the U.S. client, U.S. agencies, U.K. agencies and associated design consultants and contractors.
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer with well-developed and demonstrable professional skills a with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, with at least the last three in the UK working in the building sector.
• Strong focus on Health and Safety
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a curriculum accredited by the Engineering Council (UK) or Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (US)
• Five or more years of demonstrable experience, with the last three in the UK
• SC clearance or suitability for SC clearance
• Evidence of working collaboratively with clients and suppliers to deliver positive results
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a diverse and multidiscipline team
• Experience working with/for U.S. Visiting Forces
• Hold a valid CSCS card or be able to obtain one through experience and testing
• A full UK driving licence is desirable as you may be required to travel to remote sites across the UK
• Ten plus years managing large-scale design and construction programmes for the Ministry of Defence or the US military
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.