Based in our RAF Lakenheath client’s office you will create designs and concepts meeting customer input and feedback during all phases of the architectural/project development process including programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration services. Primarily this will be to establish client’s architectural requirements for schematic-level design, programming, space planning, needs assessment, existing building analysis, and collaborative problem solving. As clients Architect your duties will extend to adhoc involvement in projects of all values, leading conceptual/architectural coordination and collaboration with project consultants including Project Managers, engineers (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and fire protection), landscape architects, etc.
You will be a team player and able to support the delivery of multiple projects, providing advice on Architectural Compatibility Plan and Base design standards, researching new products and design features to ensure currency. You will focus on delivery of maintainable and sustainable assets, value for money and value engineering opportunities. Working directly with the project team you will ensure requirements are clearly captured, costed and embodied in the US approval and funding documents to initiate projects for execution via the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) delivery partner or directly under US Air Force procurement route. Liaison will be expected with local authorities, town planning departments and environmental agencies, etc to ensure the client remains a ‘considerate developer’.
You will bring a broad experience of Architectural and sustainable construction understanding, skills and practices with a design flair into new construction, redesigning and repair of facilities whilst understanding the commercial drivers, risk profiles and critical success factors for our client procuring construction works, ensuring UK & MOD statutory and mandatory design and construction standards and US Regulations and standards are correctly included in designs. You will undertake feasibility study reviews, analyse and validate design/AE consultant or contractor produced designs for compliance with Base design requirement and long-term Base development plans, interfacing daily with US client/agencies, UK agencies and associated design consultants and contractors.
• Strong focus on Health and Safety
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Design or related field.
• Member of the Royal Institute of Building Architects (RIBA) or equivalent organisation
• Experience in development of robust concept stage renderings
• Five or more years of demonstrable/relevant experience, with the last three in the UK construction sector.
• Evidence of working collaboratively with clients and suppliers to deliver positive results
• SC clearance or suitability for SC clearance
• Good communication and presentational skills
• Ability to work in a diverse and multidiscipline team
• A full UK driving licence is necessary as you may be required to travel to other sites across the UK.
• Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
• Experience in interior design to achieve a healthier and aesthetically pleasing working environments
• Experience working with/for U.S. Visiting Forces
• Hold a valid CSCS card or be able to obtain one through experience and testing
• Ten plus years managing large-scale design and construction programmes for the Ministry of Defence or the US military
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.