The focus of the Defence Digital Transformation Portfolio is to provide innovative and transformative solutions and services to the defence sector. The portfolio is rapidly expanding and is seeking a Project Manager with a background in the delivery of defence projects and new business captures. This role will support the Digital Transformation Programme Manager in implementing bid planning and programme delivery strategy. You be responsible for proposal responses, delivery plans, schedules, and manage RAIDO documentation. You will be responsible for the day to day management of delivery projects for the customer.
You will have the capability to support programmatic efforts of new business captures, working with technical and service teams to build delivery schedules, define implementation plans, and other documentation. You will support the Programme Manager in preparation for proposal validation meetings and executive briefings. You will be comfortable managing risk and opportunity sessions at the programme level. You will implement the programme strategy and support finance, capture, and other teams in the creation of the required proposal material.
You will be comfortable managing the start-up, transition, and transformation of delivery programmes as the Project Manager. You will have the skills to deliver collaborative engagement, stakeholder management, and work within internal and external teams to meet day to day management activities. You will have the experience to work with service leads to manage delivery efforts, and drive the continual improvement activities across the project. You will be comfortable supporting the preparation of briefing materials for executive leadership briefings. You will take direction from the Programme Manager, and work with the Chief Technology Office, executive leadership, and other portfolios within defence to coordinate delivery.
You will be comfortable working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Your experience of the defence sector will further enhance your ability to work closely with the customer and bid teams.
You must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance, with the willingness and ability to apply for enhanced clearances as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record in successfully delivering projects or task work packages
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 3 years) in Project Management
- Experience implementing programme strategy and planning for new business captures
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives
- Ability to engage and work within multi-functional programme teams comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance, and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects and proposals
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- Knowledge of the Defence sector ideally in Bowman or Skynet communications
- Knowledge of ISO44001
- Experience leading project teams to deliver to the ideals of project management, on Time, to Budget, at he required Quality.
- Experience of MS Project (e.g. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]m.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.