Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in Defence, Government, safety and security, and transportation.
From our Bristol based office Leidos we run the Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the MOD.
The LCST programme’s key mission is to provide Storage and Distribution to the military, worldwide, getting the support to the Forces when they need it, at lower costs and improved service levels.
Leidos are seeking Interns for Summer placement throughout the LCST Programme.
These include IS (IT), Supply Chain integration, Procurement, Commercial, HR and Finance/Accounting business areas..
The internship will provide the candidate with a valuable opportunity to work with a skilled team in a large office environment gaining real world experience and career mentorship.
The Intern will be assigned tasks that are relevant and necessary to the successful execution of Leidos business.
For this Leidos can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- Potential to continue the role part time in term time
- £18,200 salary per annum (pro rata)
- Opportunity to work in a multi skilled function
Key Attributes for Success in this role:
- A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles.
- Must have the ability to prioritise workload in order to meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- A high level of confidence, attention to detail, integrity, self-motivation and a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Ability to understand and apply the degree of accuracy necessary for the task at hand.
- Must be flexible with strong judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter, creative, team player with a positive attitude.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers of all levels
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Ideally currently enrolled on degree programme preferably in Business Studies, Law, HR, IT or Finance related skills (depending on desired work area)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to obtain a baseline Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Other
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.