Description of Business Environment:
Leidos heritage companies developed a Human Resources Management System (HRMS or RMS) in the late 90s, with various modules for the management of human resources/rostering within an airport. HRMS is used by a number of airports in the UK and benefits from investment into the product from two major airports.
HRMS is a (C++) client application with C# web services that is accessed from within an airport’s network. There is also a recently developed mobile application (Boost) that sits on top of the existing HRMS APIs and has a cut down access to areas of the product.
The role requires a candidate who will be working within the Live Sites team of the UK Transport division of Leidos, primarily to develop areas of the HRMS product, but also with potential to work in other areas of Live Sites for Transport (Airport Management Systems).
Specific Job Description:
A Software Engineer is required to support the development of a HRMS system, primarily in C++ but also to its Mobile companion (if the skills required are within the candidate’s range of expertise). The successful candidate does not need to be familiar with HRMS Systems; on-the-job training will be provided as required.
The software engineer will work in a rapidly changing environment, delivering software of a high quality to wide range of difficult problems. They will work as part of a team performing all software development activities throughout the development life cycle to meet sprint milestones. The position will require understanding and application of the software engineering standards, principles and best practices.
- Design software using functional and/or object oriented methodologies
- Implement software solutions and/or tools that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conduct functional, unit testing and/or early system integration testing
- Investigate problems identified during test, including problem diagnosis and resolution
- Prepare operating instructions for the software application and/or tool
- Document and present research findings to relevant stakeholders
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes and principles in his/her daily activities
- Significant experience of delivering software written in C++
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with due attention to schedule and cost constraints
- Adherence to process within a software development environment
- Ability to work as part of a software development team
- Knowledge of configuration management within an software engineering environment (e.g. Git, TFS)
- Ability to communicate and build a good rapport with customers during development projects including attendance at onsite meetings, workshops and conference calls
- Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders including the Leidos customer and 3rd parties
- Ability to collaborate closely with the Leidos project manager and customer stakeholders in order to deliver solutions which meet the customer’s needs, and taking technical ownership of project deliverables, from requirement capture through design, development, testing to deployment.
- One or more of the following software development languages or technologies: C#, PL SQL, SQL
- Knowledge of Agile development (e.g. Scrum)
- Visual C++, Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Understanding of the principles of systems engineering, and integration and test
- Software development within real-time systems
- Experience of systems / software design tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.