Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are looking for a pro active Project Manager to join our team for a 12 month fixed contract to ensure successful delivery of a project in a an exciting new area of Business.
Leidos are working directly with the MOD to assist in the transformation of a complex Logistics environment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their personal accountability for managing complex projects end to end.
Experience within Logistics and Supply Chain roles, along with associated IT packages, would be advantageous.
Demonstrable experience of key stakeholder management will also be required.
The main focus of this recruitment will be the newly awarded BATCIS Programme of work, other projects would also be incorporated as business demands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of assigned projects in support of the LCS(T) Programme
- Develop project management plan with input from key stakeholders to include objectives, schedule, budget, quality, and communications.
- Manage stakeholders to deliver project objectives in the areas of stock transition, storage, technical services, distribution and information technology.
- Establish regular scheduled meetings with stakeholders to review status against plan, schedule and budget to include review of interdependencies, open actions, risks and issues.
- Monitor and track execution of deliverables against project plan to include weekly and monthly reporting as required.
- Manage and coordinate team assigned to project to include personnel outside programme.
- Performing risk management to include risk identification, development of risk mitigations, and track burn down of risk over projects period of performance.
- Develop communications plan with appropriate stakeholders to ensure key information on project is communicated on a regular basis.
- Manage project in accordance with key performance indicators and status project regularly against agreed upon indicators.
Key Result Areas
The Project Manager will be accountable for:
- Developing coherent, achievable project plans and schedules
- Delivery of assigned projects within TCQ
- Assurance of other projects as assigned
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.