Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Due to business growth we are looking for a Senior Infrastructure manager to join our team to help shape and deliver the new projects.
- Managing all aspects of infrastructure setup and through-life support for both Public and Private Cloud infrastructure and small on premise Data Centre.
- Provide technical leadership and decision making to infrastructure and development personnel, project teams, vendors, sub-contractors, corporate IS, and data centre providers.
- Manage estate of 1000 x End User Devices. Plan and design next release.
- Manage data centre providers leading all aspects of the infrastructure provision and service management.
- Coordinate with stake-holders, Developers, Business Operations and users (our customer and within the business) to plan and manage the infrastructure-level technical activities.
- Drive adoption of Public Cloud infrastructure through design, installation, build, configuration, and operational and on-going support.
- Support the IS Director in optimising total cost of ownership through-life of the physical infrastructure and hosting environments while driving quality of service to established SLAs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physical architecture lead performing and/or approving technical designs, configurations, deployments, upgrades, and sustainment activities related to the physical and virtual hosted environments and corresponding data centre infrastructure.
- Control and manage the hosted environment detailed technical configuration baseline through-life.
- Supports technical design change initiatives and works with partners and vendors to lead cost changes to the hosted environment / physical configuration.
- Ensure security, technical controls, and accreditation activities related to the physical hosting environment are compliant with appropriate governing authorities through-life.
- Leads the design, setup, deployment, testing, and support of disaster recovery configurations to ensure SLAs and contractual targets are maintained through-life.
- Serves as the principle Windows and Linux system administrator across the programme making and/or approving all technical configuration design decisions when it comes to initial setup and build, build automation, configuration, software deployment approaches, high availability design, monitoring and logging configurations, cyber security and defence-in-depth techniques utilised, and business continuity and disaster recovery configurations.
- Supports, contributes, and participates in the creation of artefacts in the physical architecture design library as the responsible authority over all physical technical designs.
- Manages Engineering Operations team performing line management duties. performance appraisals, staff development and mentoring, compliance management, timecard and expense report approval, holiday, task and workload management.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintenance of the data centre infrastructure configuration and deployment including the disaster recovery setup for the programme.
- Actively manages the critical path of technical activities allowing line of sight into risk and issues before they have negative project/programme impact.
- Accurate and detailed management of the technical infrastructure configuration and change history.
- Adoption of Public Cloud.
- Re-envisage and deliver end user device experience.
- Successful establishment of ongoing through-life engineering operations activities.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.