Leidos Security & Detection Systems are the leading supplier of security & detection systems for aviation, transportation, government and critical infrastructure. Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information, technology, engineering and science.
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Agility, Collaboration and Commitment.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting directly to the technical sales director, the primary responsibility of this position is to provide a responsive and competent technical support to the sales team, agents and customers as required, supporting the sale of our aviation security equipment.
These duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Key responsibilities will also include:
Trial, Demo & Certification Support:
- Determine with customer and sales trial KPI’s and ensure they are met.
- Liaise with regional service to ensure flawless execution of delivery, installation and service support for trials
- Produce reporting on Trial performance based on the predetermined KPIs
- Ensure trial-based customer product feedback is distributed to technical sales director
- Develop and give customer specific product application training
- Support shows and conventions with technical demonstrations and presentations
- Build relationship with customers, ECAC CEP test houses, customer consultants and other industry opinion makers
Sales & Tender Support:
- Support solutions designer with customer site and application-relevant information as well as product information
- Attend customer sales meeting as subject matter expert
- Provide regional sales team with technical information in areas such as equipment performance, application and installation requirements
- Acquire regional market intelligence and share with internal stakeholders
- Build relationship with sales team and other internal stakeholder
- Provide regular reports on activities to Technical sales director
- Contribute to building technical documentation to tenders (including compliance matrix, technical proposals) and other sales activities
- Assist with quote creation ensuring customer technical requirements are met
You will have a record of accomplishment as a Technical Sales Engineer, together with proven experience of successfully developing all aspects of the key account management to meet desired revenue goals, coupled with:
- HND/HNC in a technical discipline or Business Administration with a min of five (5) years’ experience in sales of systems and services is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience of working with aviation security equipment used in checked - baggage or cabin baggage screening applications.
- Must have knowledge and experience of capital equipment installation projects.
- The ability to create technical documentation and good presentations skills are essential.
- An understanding of complex mechanical , electrical/electronic control systems and IT networking is also required
- Capable of developing successful Key account strategies to increase market penetration.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and multi-cultural skills are essential.
- Possess a willingness to travel from own home and capability to manage own time without continuous supervision.
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess current eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.