Leidos Security & Detection Systems is a leading global provider of high value complex automation and control solutions to airports and to the wider aviation sector.
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates, who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business, share our passion, and value our culture.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a Qualified Field Engineer to join our team at our highly successful UK operations hub.
Reporting to the Manger - Field Support, you will be supporting on site installation, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance of airport security systems at our highly valued client’s sites.
Under limited supervision and usually acting independently, performs a wide variety of technical support activities by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing x-ray and CT based security systems at customer sites. Typically handles complex products and/or problems and may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians. Helps develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential clients such as BAA, and major UK international & regional airports, etc. Helps ensure unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the planning and delivery of preventative maintenance (PM) services on various types of security search equipment to regional customers.
- Coordinates and provides support to regional customers by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training.
- Works with customer via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems during installations
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
- Conducts local visits to customer sites (airports) to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions.
- Is proficient at Siebel and completes admin to required deadlines
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of technical school / or military training in electronics engineering technology.
- Typically possesses more than five (5) years’ experience in field service environment with at least two (2) of which have been with a directly applicable industry and specific highly skilled knowledge of x-ray, CT technologies, and company’s products and equipment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer interface, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Knowledge of complex digital and analog circuitry is required, Linux a plus. Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred. Team player with ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight. Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently. Must be available to travel throughout Ireland on short notice, work non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required. May be required from time to time to lift heavy weights.
- Previous experience in all or some of the following areas:
- Security and Detection Systems
- Operating in a global environment
The successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to produce a high standard of work at all times and become a member of a small but successful team.
- Based in Hayes/Bracknell, but supporting global business
Please note: To be considered for this role, you must be a UK or EU national, eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Relocation is not available for this role.
Leidos Security & Detections Systems is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.