Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to kick start their career in a Global organisation. The Modern Apprenticeship will not only offer you a fantastic career platform within our Security team, it will also give you the opportunity to achieve a Business Modern Apprenticeship qualification. The successful candidate will work in our Glasgow office whilst being supported by our preferred training supplier over the course of approx 24 months.
Duties & responsibilities
- Monitor the security helpdesk group mailbox and helpline and provide timely 1st line security support:
- Use Outlook to ensure the team operates efficiently
- Effectively communicate queries that require specialist security support to security colleagues
- Provide recruitment advice to Human Resources and hiring managers regarding security related issues such as clearance eligibility, immigration status and right to work legislation (COMMENT – NOT INITIALLY)
- Process pre-employment screening checks ensuring that the requirements of the Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) are met and keep accurate records using the company vetting database
- Initiate requests for national security vetting for employees, contractors and sub-contractors and provide reports of status as required (COMMENT – NOT INITIALLY)
- Monitor employees’ Security and Immigration status, ensuring validity and facilitating renewals
- Follow defined processes to use and maintain centralised security systems:
- Automated Access Control System (AACS)
- Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Intruder Detection System (IDS)
This will include identifying and recording faults, tracking faults to resolution, scheduling routine and unplanned maintenance and escorting contractor personnel
- Produce and issue company badging
- Apply for and track Security passes for employees who require access to Customer and other 3rd party establishments
- Validate approved identification and confirm immigration status (COMMENT – NOT INITIALLY)
- Follow processes to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Process leavers from the business
- Co-ordinate the Security Induction Process and other security education and awareness initiatives including helping create education materials
- Maintain records of and support staff Internal/Programme Security training requirements
- Assist other members of the Security team to meet company security requirements
- Conduct open source research as directed on incidents and events that could pose a threat to Leidos
- Engage site and company-wide functional stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to UK Security Manager
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.