Under general direction, responsible for the first line supervision of customer service site engineers, supporting Indira Gandhi International Airport Limited (IGI), who provide service, support, and repair of company products to customers in site activities, ensuring company goals are met and policies and procedures adhered to. Supports Manager by assisting in developing, maintaining and improving current customer relationships and other strategic opportunities to acquire new fee-generating opportunities while preserving and increasing the revenue from current accounts by ensuring unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services. Provides guidance, coordination, and direction to department employees and checks work for quality and proficiency. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and coordinates activities of 3rd party (CDR) and Leidos site service engineers engaged in the installation, repair, and servicing of company equipment in supporting IGI. Sets priorities and monitors progress according to established field requirements.
- In conjunction with CDR studies schedules and estimates time, cost, and labour for completion of job assignments. Supervises CDR and Leidos employees in the servicing and repairing of equipment.
- Directs Leidos staff for problem resolution and intervention when needed, in and out of normal working hours.
- Acts as Liaison between 3rd party contractors (CDR) and Leidos management.
- Cultivates, improves, and sustains relationships with customers and ensures customer satisfaction by following-up with customers and field engineers through service completion.
- Implements and attends regular service review meetings with the CDR and customer, representing Leidos interests and identifies areas for improvement in working relationship.
- In conjunction with CDR ensures correct accounting of all spares, owns and establishes local processes to drive effective inventory management.
- Ensures that all employees are trained, instructed, and oriented in proper procedures, operations, and methods.
- Under Manager’s direction, assists in analyzing and communicating client satisfaction reports; makes liaison with multiple internal and external teams including vendor representatives to ensure client satisfaction and executive fee-generating services; provides direction in the development and implementation of product line training to both internal and external clients; keeps management apprised of all progress, results, and issues.
- Provides technical and functional leadership and guidance as required. Advises on and ensures the proper level of training for engineers and customers in the installation, use and service of company equipment.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements. Coordinates customer service function with other departments.
- Trains and Mentors staff, evaluates both CDR and Leidos employee performance; recommends promotions, transfers, and/or disciplinary action.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities in order to inform management of current status or work activities. Recommends measures to improve methods, performance and quality; suggests changes to increase efficiency.
- Coordinates and provides support to IGI and CDR by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Works with customer and CDR via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved, escalating as required.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems during installations.
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
- Performs interim Performance Reviews of directly reporting team members
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree in electronics or graduate of technical school in electronics engineering technology or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum of three (3)years increasing responsible positions working in customer service/repair environment that should include experience level of Group Leader or Assistant Supervisor. Previous airport maintenance experience a plus as well as experience in strategic account management with an emphasis on customer relationship management, client satisfaction initiatives, and professional services business development..Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent customer interface, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of MRP and CRM systems desirable.
- A strong working knowledge of complex digital and analogue circuitry along with understanding of RF/MW theory is required.
- Must be able to supervise employees and direct people in their daily field service work activities.
- Position requires a creative problem solver with strong technical detail orientation.
- May be required from time to time to lift heavy weights.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.