The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an anticipated openings for a Tier 2 System Maintainers (shift) to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Harrogate, United Kingdom area.
The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Tier 2 System Maintainer provides an end-to-end understanding of the operational mission systems and provides engineering experience to make recommendations. They also receive and respond to problems reported by customers and escalated from Tier 1. The Tier 2 System Maintainer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Requirements Analysis – recommend requirements to reduce failure rates, improve systems capability, and propose engineering changes to improve operational reliability.
- Operational situational awareness to include determining that mission system hardware and software functions remain within specifications by managing technical risk (and creating mitigations to ensure communication paths are available on time), critical schedules and technical performance.
- Analyze systems based on system design specifications, identify solutions to recognized anomalies and recommend alternative solutions to the customer.
- Testing of mission systems and integration of new technologies into the baseline. Plans and coordinates maintenance activities, performs upgrades and supports the transition and acceptance of new and modified systems.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Current DOD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Proven computer hardware, software and system troubleshooting skills
- System administration skills
- Ability to recognize problems or errors, provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and respond appropriately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Ability to interact with system users and customers
- Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.