Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Due to Business Growth we are looking for an experienced 3rd Line support Engineer with good JAVA skillset experience to join our team.
Role Responsibilities are:
- On a temporary basis, shift work is required in this role. Initially this will be 8am to 4pm or 12pm to 8pm. However, this is expected to transition to normal business hours (9am to 5pm) in the coming months.
- On-call support is required on a rota basis both on weekdays and weekends which comes with additional compensation.
- Willingness to be located or commute to Farnborough or East Croydon will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work within the scrum team to deliver development/DevOps capability to ongoing and new work packages
- Investigate and resolve L3 incidents and problems on the national infrastructure
- Provide inputs to delivery teams into documentation, monitoring and alerting of components from a support perspective
- Take KT from the delivery teams and become self sufficient to support the live service (production incidents inline with the SLAs)
- Create/Update operational documentation where needed to support the live service
- After service transition, contribute to continuous service improvements from a service support perspective with a keen eye for automation wherever possible
The core skills required are:
It is advantageous to have the following:
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.