Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy LSL requirements.
- To contribute to development of coherent LSL/CSS business strategies and ensure effective implementation in order to meet Leidos business objectives while taking account of implications across the business.
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan.
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these.
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation.
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business.
- Manage self (and staff if appropriate), Leidos HR policies
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
Key Skills Required:
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the commercial team and the wider project team.
- Contracts let in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations – no incidences of legal claims or disputes.
- Effective contract management – obligations met on time and within budget.
- Contract letting plan targets met
- Agreed savings delivered or exceeded against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- Legacy contracts managed, Managing Agent Terms
- 100% compliance with Leidos policies and procedures.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)