Reporting to the Division Finance Manager the Programme Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programmes. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting our programme teams in the National Security and Defence Division based in the South East of England.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Develop, track and update programme baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline, development and overall management of programme Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Programme Management to prevent future errors
- Responsibility for producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting financial presentation for programme or operational reviews
- Support pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Performing both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Providing commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Ownership of monthly closing process, validating awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams.
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Project/programme accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Recognised accounting qualification, or studying towards qualification e.g. CIMA
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- SC clearance desirable
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to complete work assignments
- Organised, thorough, with attention to detail and good analytical skills
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
You have the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of benefits that offer you and your family important health and financial protection. These benefits are designed to support a Culture of Health and Happiness, Saving for your Future, Protecting your Income and enhancing your Lifestyle.