Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Specifically you will be part of an applications development and support team able to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to Engineering governance/best practice.
You will be expected to work closely with team members and the broader programme to develop new functionality and to provide third line support; this may involve being on call out of hours on a Rota basis.
Highly technical in nature, you will need strong knowledge and experience with a view to maintaining and developing java based configurations and solutions in individual services, applications or components in the development, test and live environments. The system utilises a wide variety of technologies so you must be flexible and quick to acquire new skills. There is an intention to move the system into the public cloud so experience in this area would be an advantage or at least a desire to acquire these skills.
- including enterprise Java development
- XML Schemas
- Web Services - XML, SOAP, RESTful
- Build and Test Automation
- Working in an agile environment
- Websphere Application Server
- Websphere MQ
- AWS or other public cloud
- Relational databases - e.g. Oracle, DB2
- IBM Software life cycle tooling including
- Rational Software Architect
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)