Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
An Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer to join NATS ISA Control and Monitoring team as a monitoring engineer. The role is fully remote while in COVID restrictions.
- Soft skills: The ability to work well with others and be of a helpful disposition.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate clearly with others, particularly technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Experience of large, diverse IT infrastructures and/or network from operational or support roles
- IT Service Management background, ideally ITIL, with strong comprehension of Configuration Management
- Monitoring tools experience such as Opsview, Nagios, Splunk and HP Oneview
- Network Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and CA Spectrum
- Understanding and configuring SNMP / MIB's
- Working with and understanding Event Management data
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile team
Technical experience, working knowledge of the following disciplines is required:
- Microsoft Windows client/server system architectures and administration;
- CCNA level networking
Desirable skills required
- Public sector experience, ideally having worked critical infrastructure
- Microsoft® Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent certification strongly recommended.
- Some knowledge of LAN/WAN network architectures and Cisco IOS based routers/switches.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)