Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
- Eliciting requirements and requirements analysis with customers and colleagues
- Cloud Infrastructure architecture / design, documentation, implementation and support escalation
- Methodical estimation of design, implementation and handover activities
- Confidently advise on appropriate technology, use of technology, and emerging technologies
- Defining technology selection and the project budget and schedule
- Ensuring solutions align with technical and procedural security requirements
- Authoring, reviewing and approving documentation for users, customers, partners, support teams and engineers
- Leading Cloud migration teams, putting into action appropriate designs and selecting appropriate technologies
- Coaching, assessment and reviewing the work of more junior technical staff
- Technically leading projects, including technical consultancy engagements
- Appreciation of Waterfall and Agile / SecDevOps delivery models / methodologies
- Appreciation of Cloud shared services / shared tooling models for CI/CD, SIEM, monitoring and Management.
Technology (Competencies and Skills):
- AWS, IaaS, PaaS (essential)
- Azure, IaaS, PaaS (desirable)
- UK Cloud IaaS, PaaS (desirable)
- Private Cloud (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack),
- Containers, Kubernetes, OpenShift;
- Infrastructure as Code
- Tooling – Terraform, Ansible
- Re-hosting and re-platforming customer applications in public and private clouds
Public sector and / or defence sector experience a significant advantage.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)