Salary Range: £70,100 - £92,300 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
We are in search of a Solution Architect to join our National Security and Defence (NS&D) Team.
Are you ready for your next career challenge
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Provide solution and technical leadership for bids and growth opportunities designing differentiating and innovative solutions and service that address customer's specific business problems. Responsibilities include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
National Security & Defence (NS&D) deliverables:
- Provide overall Solution leadership to cover all aspects of the bid requirement that are in scope for all Leidos delivered elements and those subcontracted to partners
- The solution team will typically be comprised of infrastructure and software engineers, Service design specialists, programme management and other specialists as required
- You will work on assigned opportunities in conjunction with the Business Development and Capture communities, meeting key timescales and milestones as necessary to support Customer and internal timescales, milestones and governance
- Develop Solution concepts and high-level narrative material guiding input from identified internal and external SME’s and relevant partners
- Work as part of NS&D Solution Architects to develop the business landscape and identify and action both short and long-term approaches needed to develop the business and establish key client engagements
- Support the growth within the NS&D Division by bringing and applying domain knowledge across its breadth to enhance the value that Leidos brings to customer opportunities and challenges
- Work across the NS&D and wider Office of Technology community to further Leidos capabilities and develop the solution portfolio for the benefit of NS&D and the wider business
- Work with the NS&D Chief Architect to provide the optimal approach for design, development and delivery of NS&D capability, whilst supporting the needs of the wider Leidos business
Outputs: Solution designs, overviews and “Concept of Operations”, supporting design materials and collateral, White Papers and Points of View, Customer and internal briefings, innovation ideas including business cases and solution research briefings and progress and status reports, Solutions as part of responding to client opportunities.
- Influence development of NS&D solutions that support project and programme goals and business results
- Lead Solution activity on Growth opportunities in partnership with the Business Development and Capture organisations
- Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of NS&D strategy and operations.
- Lead and direct work of technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Undertake technical and solution reviews as required to support successful execution of programme and opportunity activity
- Resolves highly complex problems using application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation
- Develops solutions that are innovative and deliverable, achieved through research, qualification and integration of best practices
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally and client) articulating solution and technical capability aligned to the business challenges.
- Convince and educate others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.