● Adhere to and help enforce Health and Safety regulations and law.
● Have knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and Q1.
● Understand the Quality Management System and Quality brief.
● Responsible with the CNC Supervisor for the CNC shift.
● Achieving production targets and deadlines.
● Reading, interoperating and working to drawings supplied.
● CNC scheduling, methods and set ups including:
Ensuring component inspection is carried out and take an active role in the quality of Leidos products produced. Producing Jigs, fixtures and tooling methods to ensure safe, cost efficient production of components. Preparing cutting tools. Completion of Job record sheets for each component. Time Cards. Inspection sheets. Ensure the Setters/Operators are working efficiently when the machine is running where possible de-burring, inspecting or running more than one machine.
● Identify and implement safe and efficient systems, assembly and production.
● Promote direction given by the Workshop Manager and CNC Supervisor to your team to ensure the priority of machining to enable efficient assembly.
● Inform the Workshop Manager and CNC Supervisor if there are any issues preventing you completing production deadlines or targets.
● Communicate with the Workshop Manager and CNC Supervisor giving feedback on all aspects that would affect the delivery and or quality of our product.
● Positively promote the best interests of Leidos Industrial Engineering at all times.
● Housekeeping (clean, efficient and safe work place).
● Plant, equipment maintenance, calibration and servicing.
● Completion of Fault report sheets for all faults on the machines within your area. Once completed give them to the Workshop Manager.
Specific responsibilities with regard to Staff issues as below
● All production must be carried out as per the schedule.
● Time keeping.
● Drive, inspire, lead and positively motivate CNC team and Stores personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Leidos Industrial Engineers reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as deemed necessary, to meet the needs of the business.