Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you an Infrastructure Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in Infrastructure Support and Deployment? Would you like to be part of a growing Operational Support team?
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. The duties of the role will also include providing remote and on-site support with the expectation of levels of travel within Scotland. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Who do we need?
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from an Operational Support services background with experience in cloud hosted and privately hosted environments. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Ideally, you will:
• Have working knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
• Have working knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2016, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
• Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
• Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
• Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies;
• Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
• Possess excellent communication skills;
• Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
• Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
• Have some knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
• Have working knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)