Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The UK is seeking a Deputy to the Head of Subcontracts and Procurement to support its UK Operation. This role will lead full life cycle subcontract and procurement management for a range of UK programmes. This role will manage and lead a team of approximately seven staff and also own a portfolio of subcontract and procurement responsibilities.
The role will oversee and manage overall subcontract and procurement compliance for these programmes in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently whilst engaging and leading a team in a dynamic environment.
The Deputy Head of Procurement and Subcontracts is responsible for managing staff, conducting performance reviews, establishing development actions, working activities that span the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to: proposal support activities to include negotiation of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and teaming agreements, preparation of solicitation packages to subcontractors, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, price analysis, negotiation of terms and conditions; award of subcontracts, subcontract administration, issue resolution, and closeout activities.
- Act as a delegate for the Head of Subcontracts and Procurement
- Assigns work to and reviews the work of the team
- Trains and mentors staff
- Negotiates complex NDAs and Teaming Agreements
- Audits team procurement files to ensure compliance with Leidos requirements
- Creates complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Leidos requirements
- Coordinates closely with the Contract Administrator assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses including conducting price and cost analysis
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractors and suppliers
- Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity
- Identifies and resolves moderate to complex issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and makes recommendations to management
- Performs subcontract close-out activities
- Analyses risks and identifies risk mitigations
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the program for all subcontracts related issues
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers, as required
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with subcontractor management regarding subcontract issues of varying degrees of complexity and the drive to work issues to resolution
- Works with team members to resolve issues/provide guidance on tasks described above
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field with 10+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 5+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
- Must be UK Citizen holding or able to hold SC clearance
- Experience managing and training a team of 5 – 7 people
- Experience in subcontracting and related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and administration of strategic procurements and subcontracts
- Strong experience negotiating terms and conditions related to IT service agreements
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment whilst demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of contract law and principles
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally with subcontractors to drive results
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leadings teams is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve business objectives
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)