Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
IT Programme Manager on LCST Programme initially assigned to a Cloud Transformation for Ministry of Defence programmes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- End to end responsibility for the delivery of a high profile Cloud transformation Programme. Working with AWS and Ministry of Defence to deliver this transformation. Responsibilities to include:-
- Promoting the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with all stakeholders and members of project and/or programme and/or portfolio teams and the organisation
- Selecting, developing and managing teams
- Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups
- Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios
- Securing the provision of resources needed for projects and/or programmes from internal and/or external providers
- Agreeing, monitoring and managing contracts for the provision of goods and/or services
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of the requirements of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios
- Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project and/or programme and/or portfolio objectives and constraints i.e. developing solutions
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for project and/or programme and/or portfolio activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Developing, implementing and updating resource allocations plans (other than finance) needed for projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, taking account of availabilities and scheduling
- Developing and agreeing budgets for projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Identifying and monitoring project and/or programme and/or portfolio risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios
- Developing, maintaining and applying quality management processes for project and/or programme and/or portfolio activities and outputs
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
- Managing the integration of project outputs and/or programme outcomes and/or benefits into business-as-usual (project and programme office only), addressing the readiness of users, compatibility of work systems and the realisation of benefits
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Identifying and/or developing frameworks and methodologies that ensure management of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios will be comprehensive and consistent across different initiatives (“framework” refers to the parameters, constraints or rules established to standardise delivery)
- Establishing and managing reviews at appropriate points during and after projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, which will inform their governance by providing evaluations of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance
- Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios and updating configuration documents as required
- Gathering independent evidence that the information from projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, is valid and that projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios are likely to achieve their aims
- Preparing, gaining approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of projects and/or programmes in terms of benefits, costs and risks
- Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the business benefits of programmes (and/or the projects within them)
- Identify, share and promote best practices and lessons learned to create a culture of learning and good practice that supports continuous improvement to optimise project delivery
- Work in an environment of uncertainty and continual change. Able to feel comfortable making decisions and setting direction without having the full picture and re-focus as details emerge. Can apply knowledge and techniques to reduce ambiguity
- Adapt to changing circumstances and adverse situations whilst remaining calm, reassuring others and maintaining performance
- Think of, research and apply new ideas and ways of doing things. Encourages and supports innovations from others, is willing to experiment and follow ideas through to implementation
- Plan, lead and effect positive cultural change, securing commitment and buy-in and promoting a positive long term vision. Recognises when broader culture change is necessary to deliver a project
- Background with Ministry of Defence, AWS, Logistics and public sector IT desirable.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)