Leidos is a world leading Fortune 500 science and technology solutions and services company. We make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We employ 40,000 professionals across the world and for more than 50 years Leidos have been tackling some of the biggest problems that face our nation and our world. We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in National Security, Defence, Intelligence, and Civil markets.
We provide IT solutions that not only transform businesses and public services but change the world for the better. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business.
Leidos is currently seeking a National Security Business Development Lead aligned to our National Security and Defence Division covering the Home Office, Border Force, Metropolitan Police and UK Border Management. You will lead a team of BD professionals and report to the Business Development Director for NS&D and also work closely with the National Security Portfolio Director .
The role you will play:
- Plan and lead our BD activities to achieve our annual awards (signings) targets in this strategic and fast growing area of the UK business .
- Responsible for development of the pipeline of opportunities to support the next 3 years business growth ambition.
- You will develop and maintain senior relationships with the major target govt clients positioning Leidos as a strategic potential supplier. You will oversee the Leidos bid teams in their pursuit and shaping of the business development campaign to propose differentiated client propositions.
- Identify , influence and qualify the opportunities that best match Leidos strengths and provide optimum outcomes for the client and us.
- You will work with our marketing team to develop innovative campaigns to bring Leidos global capabilities to the UK market .
- You will be capable of leading and executing significant new business campaigns in the UK National Security market. Operating effectively within a multi-functional team, you will be an effective leader and communicator and have a background in/understanding of Government clients, the market place and their requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Substantial experience successfully selling IT Services in the UK Govt market
- Existing client relationships in UK Homeland Security , Borders and Policing
- A track record of successfully driving business growth year on year and hitting targets
- demonstrable experience of success in leading and winning contracts valued in excess of £25m
- extensive knowledge of Government business development, contract awards, current procurement trends and customer buying behaviours
- proven experience of collaboratively creating compelling winning bids with partners
- worked in an organisation which delivers strategy, business solutions and transformation with a proven depth of experience in pursuing and winning new business
- excellent inter-personal, presentation and verbal skills and an experienced negotiator
- experience in leading business development professionals
- tenacity and energy to maintain the momentum of multiple and concurrent bids across the Division;
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)