Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with experience in Bid and Capture Management and strong business acumen, someone who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment. You will be self-motivated and be able to multitask in line with project plans and competing stakeholder demands. You must be comfortable speaking to employees at all levels of the organisation and have very good written and oral communication skills.
You will bring structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities and be able to effectively manage multi-disciplinary bid teams to deliver high quality business winning proposals.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of full business lifecycle management of successful bids
- Experience of leading a team to shape win themes and messaging
- Experience working highly technical bids in a mission critical domain
- Experience in constructing solutions that meet the markets need both commercially and technically
- Ability to demonstrate client and stakeholder management
- An understanding of processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, finance functions.
- Capable of managing and motivating a diverse multi-disciplined team to deliver innovative solutions
- Innovative and proactive problem solver, able to anticipate and plan to mitigate potential issues.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A High attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites would be a bonus
Further Career Development Opportunities:-
As we are passionate about developing talent. This role has excellent opportunities to gain strong commercial experience and to pursue industry recognised qualifications (such APMP), fully expensed by Leidos UK.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)