Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
This is a developmental role in Leidos Supply Ltd (LSL), initially focused on supporting the LSL Trade Compliance Officer (TCO) with customs activities. Under their guidance, the role holder will support in activities pertaining to import and export declarations with HMRC when completing customs duties for the LCS(T) commodity range, including interaction with relevant bodies to ensure compliance throughout the transactions.
They will gain understanding of relevant regulations and legislation and help enforce these within the Commodity Support Services (CSS) tender and contracting process whilst providing clear communication and support. They will also support the TCO in other compliance activity as required.
The role holder main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide accurate clearance instructions to Customs Agents in order to import and export commodities from the UK
- Update and maintain accurate records to an audit standard within the Leidos Import and Export Logs.
- Update all applicable documentation and procedures, in accordance with the LSL TCO and LEL ITC Manager, that are relevant to the programme and in line with Leidos processes;
- Review and approve International Travel Requests for LSL business travel.
- Assist in providing advice and guidance for Trade Compliance procedures, including Incoterms and requirements CSS commodities
- Proactively undertake training and development aligned to International Trade Compliance ‘Import and Export Procedures and Controls’;
- Is a subject matter expert for HMRC requirements, ensuring compliance for all EU & Non-EU requirements;
- Work with the CSS teams to identify compliance risks, issues and opportunities in the importation of LCST CSS required commodities;
- Enforce and encourage use of the Export Control Classification Certificate (ECC) on contracts and tenders. Gain a clear understanding of its importance regarding customs and export control information, as well as its use as a tool to help identify Country of Origin and Supply Chain Mapping.
- Work towards assisting with Contract Evaluations to cover when the LSL TCO is on leave. This includes evaluation of the ECC, and asking questions to ensure enough data is available to make an accurate evaluation.
- Working with the LEL subject matter expert, supports LSL to ensure the implementation of ITAR and EAR compliance (including technical data management) for CSS commodities is considered and adhered to during the Tender and Contract stages
- Assist the LSL TCO with other aspects of their role when required, such as modern slavery.
The main competencies for the role will be:
- Strong attention to detail and integrity to ensure compliance with HMRC and internally within the LCS(T) programme.
- Strong interest in developing knowledge in the International Trade Compliance arena;
- Good understanding of LSL sourcing, procurement and contract management procedures;
- Ability to assess and update processes and procedures in line with agreed LSL standards;
- Ability to formulate relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of Customs compliance requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders and suppliers at all levels;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Flexibility to travel internationally if required;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a UK SC security clearance level.
Key Result Areas
- LSL Database of all trade compliance arrangements e.g. supplier, country, Incoterms or equivalent – creation of a supply chain map for LSL to at least tier 3;
- Assist in gaining achievement of ITAR audits;
- Development of the Supplier Master Template providing Country of Origin & Manufacture;
- All relevant LSL Contract to hold appropriate compliant Trade Compliance Documentation and other relevant certification (specified by contract or Commodity area);
- Zero HMRC claims against CSS Contracts;
- Good working relationship with LEL ITC;
- Mandatory attendance at the Trade Compliance Working Group;
- Mandatory attendance at other regulatory working groups as identified.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)