Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Project & Program Competency Lead is Responsible for identifying opportunities for running critical projects, process improvement projects and driving efficiencies and best practice culture across the organisation. Working with multiple business units and divisions to provide a robust and coherent planning across the whole Leidos UK Business.
Key Priorities to deliver:
- Delivering business improvements utilising methodologies such as lean, Six Sigma Training, mentoring and coaching employees
- Ensuring projects are completed on schedule
- Lead workshops on value stream mapping, problem solving
- Conduct risk assessments on processes
- Involved creating, driving and monitoring HPO project planning
- Develop CI road maps for projects and Quantify impact of projects on financials, productivity, customer experience and compliance
- Identifying areas to improve safety, reduce business risk, improve customer satisfaction, decrease downtime and save costs.
- Develop a culture of best practice and communicate KPI data to Senior Managers
- Be able engage a team of individuals (red team) to work alongside transformational activities to ensure milestone and KPIs are achieved first time.
- Ensure disciplined, data-driven, well-documented approaches to improving end-to-end operational performance
Key knowledge and skills
- Have a proven track record in developing, delivering and implementing Continuous Improvement strategies and toolsets
- Ideally will be certified or at least knowledgeable in the Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies.
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills with individuals and larger groups – in a style which is facilitative and collaborative
- The ability to work flexibly and at pace
- Logical and analytical thinker that can quickly evaluate information and make intelligent and confident decisions through conducting fact based analyses
- Excellent attention-to-detail to ensure that output and communication from initiatives are consistent, professional and accurate.
- Self-Motivated and passionate about developing within the role and further developing the skills required for future career progression.
- The ability to manage workload effectively, ensuring prioritisation of tasks and publication of communications in line with required deadline
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and demonstrable experience of undertaking and summarising statistical analysis of multiple complex data sources
- Basic understanding of Financial P&L management
- Proven ability to work in ambiguity
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Substantial experience in Lean Six Sigma or related continuous improvement areas
- Strong numeracy skills, together with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret data
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- A proactive work ethic and prior experience of working to strict KPIs and deadlines
- Highly motivated to take ownership and drive initiatives with minimal direction
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)