Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
The Subcontract Manger is responsible for the administration, compliance and risk management of subcontracts, supporting existing Subcontract Agreements with Key Subcontractors as well as modifications / change proposals.
The Subcontract Manager will be a proactive individual, have good attention to detail and a focus on delivery against commitments in support of the programme and functional activities.
The Subcontract Manager will report into the Head of Subcontracts and have multiple stakeholders - an understanding of the wider business environment, alongside good communication skills is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Subcontractor contract negotiation, administration and close out, including ensuring the flow down of amendments from Prime level;
- Subcontractor contract interpretation and application. Reviewing contractual obligations and ensuring alignment of understanding with subcontractor, including a strong understanding of the commercial deal between the parties and financial incentives;
- Subcontractor relationship management. Acting as a primary contact point with subcontractor to manage matters relating to contract performance or changes to the parties commercial arrangements;
- Managing internal stakeholders to ensure alignment to commercial or contractual interpretational matters as agreed with the subcontractor;
- Subcontractor development, sourcing and diversity. Working with the subcontractor to develop commercial solutions to deliver growth at prime contract level, as well as ensuring value for money on additional spend requirements.
- Subcontractor cost management, agreeing if work requests are outside of existing contractual scope and resourcing funding where necessary;
- Subcontractor contract compliance.
- Subcontractor contract risk management.
- Hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of procurements, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)