Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The Technical Resources Director (TSD) will play a key role in the UK organisation and its growth strategy, developing our UK capability through building on our corporate and UK strategies, core competencies and Centres of Excellence. Our technical capability is underpinned by our amazing team, and your key role will be ensuring we are recruiting the right people, developing them to their full potential, and ensuring all business needs are fully and correctly resourced with appropriate, motivated, skilled and engaged technical staff. You will nurture, grow and continuously develop our resource capabilities in-line with our business & technical strategies, and our customers’ needs.
As TSD, you will be responsible for the provision, leadership and management of approximately 600+ Staff. You will report to the Senior Leadership Team and the UK CEO. You will have 4 direct reports covering the breadth of technical services required to support the UK Business, specifically:-
Architecture – Provision of architecture services for growth work (Sale/bids), Leadership delivery on strategic programmes to Red Team reviews and Governance. Across all aspects of architecture services be that Solution, to Security to Service.
Design and Build – Provision of all Design and Build services for projects across the UK divisions of Civil, NS&D and Logistics.
Run and Operate – Provision of Run services leveraging where possible a shared resource base and tooling.
Shared Services – Which includes CORE, UK Connect, SMC and Product based services such as intelligent approach a joint venture with NATS.
The TSD will also be responsible for addressing some of the key challenges that most IT companies face today, i.e. How to attract and retain staff, how to deliver better, faster and cheaper, how to create a culture that makes Leidos a great place to work. The TSD will be responsible for defining the roadmap and plan on how to achieve this.
Finally the TSD will have full financial responsibility running the business as a cost center but maximizing efficiency of services to help programmes achieve new levels of profitability.
• Extensive resource management experience, including actively engaging and driving the eliciting of needs, developing resourcing plans and supporting the business as needs evolve.
• People leadership experience in a technical business, able to speak credibly to highly technical individuals and work with them to elicit challenges and find routes to success.
• Strong people skills, able to motivate, influence and drive individuals both inside and outside of their direct management, including mentoring, coaching and performance management.
• Outstanding stakeholder management skills and organizational acumen, able to influence stakeholders across the business at all levels to bring momentum behind resource improvement and change activities
• Demonstrable experience delivering resource - able to navigate through the complexities of developing and implementing processes, developing skills and putting in place the supporting infrastructure.
• Understanding of key business activities, such as business development, capture & programme management and finance, ensuring they are actively engaging the right technical resources in the activities to financial targets and quality levels.
• Highly credible communicator, able to engage stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrable ability to adapt to new technologies, skillsets and to learn quickly
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
Contributory Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)