Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Security Manager who will ensure compliance with legal and customer security requirements. Daily responsibility for all Team Leidos operational security management activities across all service areas.
Delivering security solutions and assuring those provided by third parties to ensure full compliance with UK HMG security policies and procedures. Competently use security risk assessment methods to deliver fit for purpose, risk commensurate security controls and solutions including the generation and presentation of successful business case.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Security Manager is specifically responsible for the implementation and assurance of a management system that ensures that Team Leidos operates and delivers in accordance with HMG Security policy and procedure, by:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the programme security management plan including any supplementary policy and procedure
- Co-ordinating security activities and the implementation of security controls across Team Leidos through collaborative working
- Representing the Team Leidos Security Team as the Team Leidos Programme Security Lead to the Authority, establishing and maintaining all relevant relationships.
- Advising management and third parties on the interpretation and implementation of contractual and, where appropriate, legislative security controls in all areas of security (not limited to information, physical, personnel, risk management and incident management)
- Proactively building and presenting successful business cases to address emerging and/or extant security risk
- Developing and implementing a security assurance programme to assure Leidos and the Authority of compliant operational activities throughout the supply chain
- Ensuring that any breach of security is immediately reported to the respective Contracting Authority, and any other relevant authorities, ensuring that the circumstances are fully investigated, and a thorough report and impact analysis is prepared
- Remaining familiar and up to date with UK Government Security Policy Framework and all contractually mandated security policies, procedures, conditions and similar
- Managing and co-ordinating the physical, personnel and system security for Leidos buildings directly supporting Team Leidos
- Developing and delivering an effective security education and awareness programme across Team Leidos
- Providing any related support as directed by Programme or Leidos Leadership
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain and protect the integrity, availability and confidentiality of customer assets by providing expert security leadership, direction, supervision and oversight.
- Provide appropriate and risk commensurate physical security controls and measures, security standards and processes and procedural security measures for all facilities and buildings, incorporating customer and legal/statutory codes and standards.
- Ensure that business is undertaken securely within agreed security risk tolerances by maintaining security risk measurement, assessment, review and reporting processes.
- Ensure that delivery of security measures is compliant, adequate and risk commensurate; and in line with customer/regulatory requirements by QA activity and KPI reporting.
- Ensure that the response to security events and incidents are managed appropriately, reported correctly and impacts reduced/mitigated by the use of effective reporting, investigation and response protocols.
- Provide effective and coordinated security management enabled by close and direct liaison with Team Leidos operations senior leaders, partner organisations, the customer and other external stakeholders.
- Execute, manage, and direct investigations into security events/incidents.
What does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Demonstrable experience in a Defence Security role
- Experience of managing all security aspects of projects in accordance with the Security Policy Framework (now GS 007) and JSP 440
- Experience of conducting personnel, physical and information security based risk assessments
- Strong security incident management skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 27001
- Experience of conducting audits either internally or externally within an organisation
The main base for this role is Bristol, however, it does also require someone who is flexible travelling to customer sites on a weekly basis (approximately 3-4 days a week).
- Clearance to Start: SC
- Clearance for Role: SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.