Infrastructure Engineer (Edinburgh)
Infrastructure Engineer for our Leidos client based in Edinburgh The infrastructure engineer will be joining an already established infrastructure team who operate are the heart of our client services capability whilst at the same time playing an integral part of the ongoing day to day efficiency of their network and infrastructure systems. Due to significant growth within our infrastructure community and increased work demands for Leidos UK the Infrastructure Engineer will be working across multiple digital transformation programmes that support the frontline services within the UK
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
What will you be doing?
The infrastructure engineer will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Infrastructure Engineer will need the following skills and experience:
• Have excellent knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
• Have excellent knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
• Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2016, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
• Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
• Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;