Lead DevOps Engineer
We are in search of a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing software development and infrastructure community in Leeds. This team are at the centre of driving innovative solutions and proposing new software development practices for our company. The successful candidate will be working across multiple digital transformation programmes, including the transformation of the UK’s biometrics platform to cloud for one of our key customers.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
You'll be charged with leading a team of devops engineers building out a hosting platform for one of our key clients in the policing domain. Your work will be critical to the safe and effective running of a piece of critical national infrastructure and your work will therefore directly help keep UK citizens safe and secure.
You will be prepared to undergo necessary vetting and security clearance processes
· Experience of leading a team of DevOps engineers, assigning and assuring work via Jira
· Integrating third party supplier products into devops pipelines
· Previous experience of developing and implementing DevOps processes and technology for Microsoft-centric applications
· Automating builds using Jenkins
· Infrastructure as code using Terraform
· Automation and orchestration using Ansible
· Code config using BitBucket
· Scripting - Powershell and/or Python
· Excellent knowledge of Azure
· Linux / Windows OS's
· Good appreciation of infrastructure/networks/databases
You will work as part of a large multifunctional team out of dedicated software engineering workspaces. Initially you will familiarise yourself with the existing systems and implementing change before moving into cloud transformation of these systems. You will have the opportunity to work on technically advanced solutions during this transformation and help to shape devops and common tooling amongst our global Fortune 100 organisation.
Leidos is making significant corporate investment in its software development capability through academy based training (including opportunities to work in US and AUS based teams) to build further out of corporate devops and product offerings.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs