Project Manager (Logistics)
Salary Range: £24,500 - £46,000 p/a, depending on experience
Location: Bristol, UK (hybrid working)
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are in search of a Project Manager (Logistics) to join our Team. If you are a graduate looking for a new Project Management role, we would look to support your journey through to qualification.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administering and leading delivery of assigned Global Logistics Services (GLS) Project activities, monitoring corrective actions to ensure milestones achieve acceptance criteria, are on time and within budget
- Generation of project solution proposals, including associated costs to specific customer requests
- Responsible for the production of customer and internal reports
- Maintain and monitor project risk management as well as that for wider GLS activity
What Sets You Apart:
- Qualified PM – able to demonstrate experience in PM; or
- Graduate looking for a new PM opportunity who would look to gain qualification (with Leidos support) within 6 months of joining
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders. Able to quickly develop strong working relationships to endure through the life of the project
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team, including Key-Delivery Partners and their Suppliers
- Ability to work on own initiative and operate within an environment where change and uncertainty is considered routine
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent writing skills possessing strong competence in the use of Microsoft Office tools, particularly, Excel, and Project
You Might Also Have:
- UK Defence knowledge would be highly advantageous.
Hybrid working – mix of office (Bristol UK), home and site visits based in the UK (on occasion may include international travel, anticipate Q1 2022)
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.