UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL...
We are in search of a Finance Manager - Commodities to join the LCST Team in Bristol. You will:
- Support the Head of Finance Operations in matters primarily relating to LCST Commodities Finance
- Lead the LCST Commodities Finance Team
- Ensure the accountabilities of the Commodities Finance Team are suitably defined, communicated and delivered to satisfy corporate and customer requirements
- Provide Business Partner support to the CSS organisation and to the wider business
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, the Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Commodities Finance team to deliver corporate and contractual reporting requirements
- Act as the primary finance point of contact to the Commodity Support Services (CSS) organisation; providing support and information through a team of supporting Finance Analysts to enable timely and accurate decision making
- Provide full planning cycle finance support to the Commodity Support Services (CSS) organisation
- Represent the Finance Function at the Contract Approval Board (CAB) and influence its decision making in the interest of safeguarding financial performance
- Lead the reporting of programme performance including progress to plan, and remaining effort including effects on orders, revenue, earnings & cash.
- Lead the calculation of commodity cost savings from procurement and life cycle cost reduction activities
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process for commodities
- Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability.
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations for the business, and support strategy development
- Drive consistency and standardisation across the wider Leidos Finance Team, ensuring compliance to Leidos standards and requirements
- Support the development of, and continually upskill, the Commodities Finance Team; ensuring parity is maintained with the wider Finance Team
- Support the development of performance metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team
- Actively support and respond to customer queries and audit requests concerning commodities
- Support external audit
- Support Business Case and Business Development activities relating to new commodity business
- Experience working within an operations-facing finance team, acting as a Business Partner to key Operational Managers & Executives
- Business (Finance & Commercial) Acumen
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of owning, driving and delivering business results
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of MoD inventory accounting
- At least part-qualified accountant; with an intent to qualify with a professional body
- Proficient use of SQL is desirable
- Experience of using SAGE ERP X3 is desirable
- Background in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or Project Accounting / Controlling preferred
- The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.