UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL...
We are in search of a Team Leidos Operations Data Engineer (TL DE) who will be responsible for capturing and assuring significant amounts of logistic data over a short period (estimated to be six months FTC) in support of a new operations data model being developed by the Team Leidos Operations Analyst (TL OA). This model will inform our ability to meet the demands of an Operational outload.
As a key member of the Team Leidos Operations team, you will collect and support the analysis of complex data sets in order to deliver an assessment of capacity versus demand in steady state operations and periods of significant surge, such as support to military operations and major training events.
This is a new role, so the ideal applicant will be one who is comfortable searching out the required data and generating a clear picture where none existed before. The results will enable evidence-based decision making by the Team Leidos Senior Leadership Team, ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces at scale and pace.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Include data capture and data assurance across Team Leidos functional areas:
- Commodity Support Services – capture data for each of the four commodity areas (Defence clothing, medical supplies, general commodities and food, oils, lubricants & gases):
- Demand processing
- Stores, Distribution and Freight – Warehousing. Capture capacity data to include:
- Depot vehicle access & egress
- Warehouse infrastructure – access doors & ramps, MHE, etc (by warehouse)
- Hard-standing – storage capacity for ISOs & vehicles
- ISO handling (road & rail, CHE, drivers)
- Receipt processing (by warehouse)
- Issue processing (by warehouse)
- Stores, Distribution and Freight – Transport. Capture capacity data to include generation of:
- Road transport for internal moves (within depots)
- Road transport for intra-UK freight movement
- Road transport for international movement (if required)
- Generate rail transport for intra-UK movement (general freight, munitions, vehicles)
- Movement timelines (by route / location)
- Global Logistic Services. Capture capacity data to include:
- Generate road transport for intra-UK heavy-lift movement to air and sea ports
- Generate international rail movement
- Generate road transport for freight/heavy lift movement abroad.
- Strong experience in a data capture / analytical role
- Experience of using software packages such as MS Excel, VBA/SQL, and PowerBI
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to work unsupervised and with management at every level
- Familiarity with SCOR models and / or Defence Logistic Supply Chain processes
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
This is a 6 month fixed term contract (FTC) opportunity
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.