UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for a Network Engineer to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer in an exciting and critical LAN/WAN environment delivering technical service in a dynamic ITIL environment.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN environments, 3rd line support level including, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Ideally to a CCNP and CCDP level.
- Focusing on Secure LAN environments including security boundaries and rulesets
- Must have a good understanding of WAN connectivity and routing protocols also with experience and understanding of the implementation, configuration and management of virtual and physical networking solutions
- Hand on experience in designing and troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing,
- Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting VPC, VDC, STP, BGP, OSPF and other key mainstream protocols
- Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting Sidewinders and ASAv firewalls
- Platform focus: ISR, 6800, 3750, 3850 series
- Worked in a business or safety critical environment previously
- Excellent understanding of end to end engineering processes
- Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and independent and autonomous working
- Have been an escalation point for complex problems and incidents
- Ability to read and understand complex designs and suggest viable solution to improve stability, scalability and availability
- Experience in ITIL ICT service delivery on critical infrastructure
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Experiencing in patch management including analysis and deployment
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting of MPLS networks
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto, ASAv and Juniper Firewalls
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Juniper Enterprise LAN environments, to both design and 3rd line support level including, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Ideally to a JNCIP level.
- Platform focus: Juniper switches and routers
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.