Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We currently have a permanent role for an Engineering Project Manager.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Manages cost and schedule for assigned engineering scope
Troubleshoots complex engineering problems
Recommends tools and methodologies as needed to support assigned scope of work
Estimates inputs for resource and schedule planning
Leverages lessons learned and best practices
Demonstrable experience of design and implementation of applications.
Demonstrable experience of coaching team members
Proven track record in technical team leadership
Strong communication (oral, written and presentation) skills with the ability to react appropriately to feedback and construct an effective working environment
Demonstrable ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
Ability to provide quality support across the range of disciplines, and possessing a 'can-do' attitude
- We are looking for an individual that has an experience in defining Digital Products in a government organisation – familiarity with Government Digital Services (GDS) is expected to be demonstrable
- Experience of managing delivery of software products into central government organisations or similar
- The candidate should demonstrate excellent leadership abilities, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Development of successful products from alpha through to production.
- The candidate should also be an experienced Scrum Master with experience of carrying out a variety of roles within the agile development lifecycle, including working within challenging timescale
- Excellent negotiator and influencer, able to make smart, practical decisions under pressure
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.