Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are in search of a Systems Engineer...
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading
Specific Job Description:
Leidos UK are fortunate to have a number of interesting Multiple Tactical Data Link (MTDL) related opportunities which will require additional personnel to join and support our dedicated TDL portfolio. Opportunities to support a Link 16 sustainment programme, a MTDL system refresh, upgrade and support along with various long term enhancement programmes. Additionally we also have Subject Matter Expert (SME) support opportunities to a number of new contracts.
The successful candidate will work as part of a Data Link Portfolio Team performing a range of system engineering tasks across the development lifecycle for TDLs, including but not limited to: assisting with requirements (using eSMART to create TDL requirements documents), test design (knowledge of test cases, test scripts and test scenarios), test execution, test analysis (CIVET, MANDRIL), (TIGER scripts and scenarios) and post test reporting.
The job on occasion may require customer site attendance to conduct various test activities in accordance with the contracted requirements. Successful candidates will be expected to apply their knowledge of TDL systems and test engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring test compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the development lifecycle.
The position will be full-time within the existing TDL team providing technical, test and integration support.
- Experience in defining, validating and verifying requirements
- Experience of conducting TDL Testing
- Understanding of NATO Tactical Data Link concepts, doctrine, architecture and associated documentation
- Understanding of source documentation for Multi-TDLs at both STANAG and MIL-STD level
- Understanding of the DLCP and ICP process, including the ability to comment in detail on extant DLCPs
- Knowledge of TDL Architecture(s) / Environments
- Understanding of the iSMART process and eSMART toolset
- Understanding of TDL working groups and TDL meetings
- Ability to produce technical reports with recommendations
- Testing qualification with associated V-model test experience
- TDL operational experience and knowledge of TDL concepts
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools
- Understanding of TDL terminals/Modems
- Knowledge of TDL Networks and Network Design
- Individuals with higher education qualifications and/or relevant military operational or related engineering experience
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Individuals with higher education qualifications and/or relevant military operational or related engineering experience will be considered.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally require Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. We will also consider individuals with equivalent experience.
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs