We are looking for a PMO Analyst to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer on an exciting and critical system, delivering technical services in a dynamic environment
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specializing in the management of complex technology programmes. This role fits within the Defence business in the UK. Working in the Land, Air and Maritime domains, this role is expected to predominantly support our on delivery programmes, but may also support some Bid activities.
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specializing in the management of complex technology programmes.
Specific Job Description:
We have an exciting opportunity for a PMO Analyst to work alongside the Senior Programme Manager for our Government client. Supporting a multi-functional team and to manage the project processes for delivery, change and new business. This position is a full time, permanent role and applicants must be willing to under go SC and DV clearance.
Responsibility for managing Project activities and providing strategic direction and corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
- Ensure that robust Programme Processes are followed, maintained and applied in accordance with industry best practice
- Reviewing and approving risk management process recommendations and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall Programme
- Supporting contract management and development activities so completion is not delayed to support the programme (in consultation the Procurement, Finance and Legal)
- Proven track record in successfully supporting projects or task work packages.
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 3 years) in Project Controller role.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles.
- Defence knowledge would be highly advantageous
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
What do we do for you? :
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.