Are you a senior leader looking to launch your career to the next level?...
We are in search of a Director of Information Services who will be responsible for delivery and technical assurance of solutions within the quality, cost and schedule constraints.
You will play a valuable part in providing technical leadership and mentorship across the project, ensuring that the engineering processes within the project are commensurate with the requirements of the contracted standards and Leidos corporate governance.
In addition, you will work with technology leaders to help shape future innovation within the Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme. As a member of the senior technical leadership with LCST you will work closely with the CTO and partners in the United States to ensure technology aligns with the strategic objectives and you have knowledge of Leidos cutting edge processes and development.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together with our industry partners we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of complex services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver visibility, speed, and resilience to the defence supply chain.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The candidate is required to be a technical leader, able to coordinate and direct engineering teams in successful delivery and acceptance of the system. Able to execute and perform without assistance, and possess significant practical experience and applied knowledge across the following areas:
- Complex IT systems integration projects
- Technical Management of subcontractors
- Systems Engineering and understanding of the principles behind each of the main processes
- Technical Team Leadership including providing technical direction to team members
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelors or Masters in IT/Software Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer
- Substantial experience within a leadership role
- Background in software engineering and systems integration
- Knowledge of cyber security processes
- IT service delivery for complex system of system architectures
- Knowledge of Ministry of Defence organisation processes, procedures and procurement
- Knowledge of supply chain processes, procedures and technology
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.